Pregnancy and childbirth are unquestionably physical processes, but they also signify a significant life transformation. The changes that occur during pregnancy and childbirth have an impact on your entire life, including your identity, relationships, values, and beliefs. It's only natural to think about your body, mind, and spirit during pregnancy and childbirth. Thus, a holistic approach to pregnancy can help you to:
- Have the healthiest pregnancy possible.
- Achieve the best possible overall wellbeing during pregnancy.
- Increase your chances for a national progression of labor.
- Alleviate the risks posed by pain medications and other medical interventions.
What Are The Major Benefits Of A Holistic Approach To Pregnancy?
- 1. It Focuses On Overall Wellness: To understand the advantages of holistic pregnancy care, you must first understand what holistic medical care is. Holistic care refers to the treatment of the whole individual rather than just one symptom or problem. This encompasses both emotional and social issues, as well as physical ailments. Holistic pregnancy care is tailored to the needs of each individual and focuses on their overall health and well-being.
- 2. Using A CNM Provides The Best Results: CNMs (Certified Nurse-Midwives) have both midwifery and nursing training. They are licensed medical practitioners who can treat patients in clinics and hospitals. They do, however, embrace the holistic approach to healthcare that conventional midwifery is known for. For women who desire holistic care as well as access to medical services that unlicensed caregivers can't provide, a CNM is the best option. Pregnancy and delivery are seen by midwives as natural processes rather than medical disorders that need to be managed. Midwives take a non-interventionist approach to labor and birth, allowing things to unfold naturally. However, because they work in settings such as hospitals, they can provide medical assistance or collaborate with physicians if necessary.
- 3. Reduces The Chances Of Needing A C-Section: The goal of holistic pregnancy care is to be as non-invasive as possible. Midwives believe in allowing the natural process of birthing to take place with as little intervention as possible. Women with low-risk pregnancies who deliver in a hospital under the care of a CNM have fewer interventions and C-sections than women who receive care from OB/GYNs, according to research published in Obstetrics & Gynecology. If you have a low-risk pregnancy and wish to avoid a C-section, choosing a CNM for holistic pregnancy care reduces your chances of needing one.
- 4. It Incorporates Different Methods: Because holistic pregnancy care focuses on the mother and baby's total health, you can include a variety of treatments and therapies into your treatment. Midwives provide a wide range of services, including components that blend medicine and personal care. Many midwives, for example, focus on group prenatal care to provide mothers-to-be with the tools and resources they need to be active participants in their own health. They can also assist you in deciding on the best birth plan for you, including guiding you through various types of pain management to help you get through labor as painlessly as possible.
- 5. It Also Includes Postpartum Care: In addition to prenatal treatment, holistic pregnancy care encompasses postpartum care for moms and babies. A woman's need for support and care does not end when she delivers. As a result, providers who follow the holistic approach to healthcare include tailored postpartum care in their offerings. CNMs are available to assist new mothers in their healing and recovery. They can also offer advice and help when it comes to caring for newborns. Breastfeeding, calming fussy kids, sleep routines, and the general transition into parenting can all be helped by CNMs.
If you are interested in getting holistic pregnancy care, contact Dr. Amita Shah, the best pregnancy doctor in Gurgaon. She is a reputed surgeon, obstetrician and gynecologist with over 30 years of experience. With a high success rate of normal deliveries and an expertise in high-risk pregnancies, she is much regarded by all her patients and colleagues alike.
For a detailed consultation and a holistic pregnancy approach, book an appointment today!