Fibroids Surgery and Treatment in Gurgaon
The uterus is a vital reproductive organ in a woman's body. A fibroid is any abnormal growth of tissues inside or on the surface of the uterus. This abnormal uterine growth can cause severe stomach pain and heavy bleeding and reduce your chances of becoming pregnant. The best thing about uterine fibroids is that they are almost often non-cancerous and cause no symptoms in most women. The synthesis of hormones, which these fibroIDS feed on, tends to decrease as menopause approaches.
One of the most effective ways to lower the odds of developing fibroids is to maintain a healthy weight and eat a well-balanced diet. You can wait a bit longer if you are nearing menopause and have no or few symptoms, and you can also go for Fibroids surgery in Gurgaon. Dr. Amita Shah is a Fibroids Doctor in Gurgaon.
Ultrasound of the lower abdomen is one of the best tests to diagnose fibroids. For further evaluation, your doctor or gynecologist may order an MRI of the Pelvis. If the fibroids are not giving you any problem, they can be safely ignored and require no treatment. However, a periodic checkup by your gynecologist is a good idea for women who know the presence of fibroids in their uterus.
Best Fibroids Doctor in Gurgaon
According to Dr. Amita Shah, Fibroids Doctor in Gurgaon, regular exercises such as walking and yoga will assist as obesity is one of the causes of the formation of uterine fibroids. It would not only help you lose weight, but it would also aid in the treatment of uterine fibroids.
- Improving your physical and mental health will make you happy.
- Diet plays a larger impact on weight loss than exercise.
- Changing your diet to include more raw vegetables and fruits can help treat uterine fibroids without needing drugs.
- Medicines that regulate the synthesis of hormones, such as estrogen and progesterone, will also be beneficial.
- However, only after a thorough examination will a gynecologist be able to determine the best course of treatment. Because fibroids feed on these hormones, these medications would shrink them.
- If you attempt to conceive, fibroids may prohibit you from doing so.
- In such circumstances, your gynecologist may perform uterine fibroids removal surgery. This procedure is called a myomectomy and can be performed either abdominally or laparoscopically in Gurgaon.
In LAVH surgery, the laparoscope entry point is through a small incision on the abdominal wall. It means that the incision on the abdomen is extremely small and does not leave a visible scar. However, all the organs, like the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes, are removed through the vagina.
Cost of Fibroids Surgery in Gurgaon
Dr Amita Shah is one of the most experienced laparoscopic gynae surgeon in India. She has been practicing Laparoscopy in Gynae Surgeries for the last 25 years. She has been managing Uterine Fibroids medically and surgically for several thousand patients.
The cost of diagnosing the disease can be as low as Rs. 1500 for an ultrasound scan and up to Rs. 10,000 for an MRI scan and some blood investigations.But if this does not help, you may be prescribed some medicines. However, if you are planning for myomectomy or hysterectomy surgery, the cost of fibroids surgery in Gurgaon would be Rs. 80,000 – 1,30,000, depending upon the type and the extent of the surgery. Laparoscopic surgery is better than open surgery but is not possible in all cases.
Myomectomy requires 1-2 days in the hospital, whereas hysterectomy requires 3-4 days. The hospital stay for laparoscopic surgery is shorter by at least one day, and recovery would be substantially faster. It would eliminate the possibility of developing cancer of the reproductive organs, and this is why most gynecologists advocate it.
If you have been advised to have open surgery, you should see Dr. Amita Shah at least once to discuss the potential of Laparoscopic Surgery. After 10 days of Laparoscopic Surgery, you should be able to resume your normal activities.